The new BMW 1000 RR will feature massive updates including an updated chassis, suspension and aerodynamics; as well as new electronic assist features.
The BMW 1000 RR was first introduced in 2009 and quickly became known as the standard for its segment when it came to performance and safety. Now with the 2023 release of the model we will see a short secondary gear ratio for better traction, Dynamic traction control with a new slide control function for drifts under acceleration and an advanced “Flex Frame”.
The new RR will cradle a revised 4-cylinder in-line engine that delivers 205 hp at 13,000 rpm and a maximum torque of 83 ft-lb. at 11,000 rpm.
The highlights of the new BMW S 1000 RR
- Shorter secondary gear ratio for more traction at the rear wheel.
- Advanced “Flex Frame” with more flex.
- Chassis geometry with new steering head angle, offset, caster and wheelbase.
- M Chassis Kit with adjustable swinging arm pivot point and raised rear end.
- Dynamic Traction Control DTC with new Slide Control function for drifts while accelerating using steering angle sensor.
- ABS Pro with new Brake Slide Assist function using steering angle sensor for braking drifts when approaching corners.
- ABS Pro Setting “Slick”
- Optimized aerodynamics with new front section, winglets, high windshield and partitioning off of the lower triple clamp.
- M lightweight battery as standard.
- USB charging port in the rear section.
- Redesigned rear section and shorter license plate holder.
- Redesigned wiring harness for easier removal of the license plate frame.
- Clutch and generator cover in black.
- Easier rear wheel assembly removal due to loss-proof axle bushings, chamfered brake pads and brake anchor plate.
- M GPS Mouse Adapter as part of the BMW Motorrad original accessory range.
- New GoPro holder as part of the BMW Motorrad original accessory range.
We can expect to see the new model come to Canada in January of 2023, with an MSRP of $20,395. There will be three paint options available: Blackstorm Metallic, Racing red non-metallic, and lightwhite non-metallic.